Companies need attractive and affordable pension benefits in order to find and retain qualified employees. How can a balance be struck between the different interests?
The increasing regulation of company pensions calls for constant professionalization. The number of company’s own pension foundations is falling, while the range of collective pension institutions is growing. As an independent occupational pensions specialist, Kessler keeps a clear overview and supports your company to optimize its occupational pension plan.
SELECTION OF ORGANIZATIONAL FORM
The organizational form of the company pension depends on the structure of your company. There are four possibilities:
- Company’s own pension funds, with or without reinsurance
- Full insurance
- (Partially) autonomous collective, communal or association foundation, with or without co-determination for the investment of pension assets
- 1e pension solutions
Kessler can show you the opportunities and risks associated with these organizational forms. Our specialists know the market and will recommend the best suitable providers for your company.
COMPANIES’ OWN PENSION FUND
If you have an company’s own pension foundation, we can support you in the:
- Reinsurance of risk benefits
- External management and administration by Kessler’s specialists
- Evaluation by pension insurance experts
DESIGN OF PENSION BENEFITS
The pension commission, which is the body consisting of equal numbers of representatives of the company and employees, defines the occupational pension benefits which must be in line with industry standards. For example with regard to:
- The way variable elements of pay are dealt with
- The distribution of contributions between the employer and the insured person, including in the event of streamlining measures
- Occupational pension plans for cadres
- Coordination with other group personal insurances (daily sickness/accident allowance), optimization of waiting periods, avoiding excess insurance
- Benchmarking (comparison of your company’s pension benefits with the competition)
- Free choice plans
- Compensation for reductions in conversion rates
- Advice on interest for occupational pension funds with individual cover ratio
- Pensions for trainees / apprentices
INFORMATION AND TRAINING
Our specialists provide easy and comprehensible guidance to insured employees. They support the pension commission and HR officers in their daily business, offer specialist training and prepare an annual report which shows developments in the field of occupational pensions.
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS, PARTIAL LIQUIDATIONS
If you acquire a company, Kessler will help you assess the risks associated with company pensions. We support the integration or spin-off of companies/workforces, and coordinate the company pensions. You can also benefit from our experience when it comes to the partial or full liquidation of company’s own pension foundations, welfare funds or financing foundations.
INTERNATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
Multinational companies face challenges when it comes to company pensions. Kessler can support your company with:
- Pooling of insured employee benefits risks at a global level, with a chance of additional surplus income.
- Solutions for problems associated with occupational benefits for expats and inpats relating to their cross-border work.
- Global benefits management: by working with Mercer Marsh Benefits™, we create and provide a global inventory of your occupational insured benefits worldwide to verify that they adhere to your company’s compliance rules and to local legislations.
Are you interested in a collaboration or do you have any questions? Your contact person looks forward to hearing from you.
Sabrina Wicki Hiltebrand
Head Business Unit Pension Benefits